Wednesday, October 12, 2005

V for Victory

I become overwhelmed with adrenaline. It's suffocating me to the point I begin to doubt myself. I shake the doubt away, calling it "absurd" in my head. After all the early morning practices and weight sessions; after hundreds of miles in the pool; after tapering; after shaving; after everything doubt can still creep into my mind. This is amazing to me, but doubt isn't the overwhelming feeling. I look to my left and look to my right and I respect my opponents, but I think nothing of them at the same time. Who is to say I can't beat them? I believe I want this more than them. Whatever they plan on doing, I don't plan on doing. I plan on doing more. I want more of them than they think they are going to allow. I will take it. I will snatch it up in their defeat and pride myself in my accomplishments. I will be at the top of my game for a second, but it will last an eternity and it will never be forgotten. I desire to win the race again, and once you taste victory everything is so bland.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like this entry--it is so inspirational for people that are not only in sports, but in life as well. I can see this on a poster in a locker room, a break room in a business office, or in the halls of a school--it is a great pep talk that everyone should tell themselves in the mirror every morning.
-Kate