Monday, October 17, 2005

The Connection isn't Down

My faith makes me aware of sin like nothing else could in my life. Sometimes it almost feels like a curse, the awareness of sin, but I know it's helpful. I certainly don't know everytime I sin, but I know afterwards and I know it as I sin too sometimes.

I observe someone's actions. What they are doing is absolutely horrible and destructive to their well-being, no matter what they believe. In my eyes, what they are doing is wrong. If I did the same thing, I would know right away it wasn't beneficial to myself or anyone involved. However, whether they believe what I do or not, if they do this enough they will eventually see the bad in it. The first time it will feel like the smallest of splinters in their skin. It will grow more each time they do it. The knowledge of knowing this "bad" inside them will eventually be so great they will turn away from it and spend their mental capacity thinking about things that will not allude to the darkness within them. However, the darkness keeps growing even then if they do not change their ways. When it's close to enveloping them in a dark cloud, they see the difference between good and bad. That knowledge was always there. It was implanted in them from the beginning and it often takes this cycle to become enlightened if you will. I have taken a few of these cycles myself, but after they are all done I look back in amazement at my stubborness and God's great calling for us all. This is one of His most powerful ways to speak to us. We think we aren't listening to Him, but you can't cut the connection like a telephone line. Did you think you could, cut the connection between the created and the Creator? If there is any hint of a "yes", He is coming for you.

2 comments:

Collin said...

You can't cut the connection like a telephone line. True that. The biggest thing that haunts me is my inability to ESTABLISH the connection.

Another great post, Bryce. I love it. Terriffic writing.

Anonymous said...

I really like your thoughts on this, Bryce...I like the fact that God is always there and connected to me, even though I may not feel "connected". I would be interested to find out if people actually do try to disconnect from God once they become non-believers? What do you think?
-Kate