Thursday, October 13, 2005

The River

XXX is a bad movie. Vin Diesel's performance as Caparzo, in Saving Private Ryan, will always be his best acting, and certainly the best movie he has ever been involved with.

In a literature survey this week, a professor said something that I took to heart. Having been through 4 years of English classes now, I find this to be very true. "Executives don't care about the river. They live in the city, far away from the river. Keep this in mind English majors, they don't care about us." This arose from reading W.H. Auden's poem, "In Memory of W.B. Yeats". The river carries the eternal wisdom inherent in some poetry far, but it doesn't reach into the city. The city is not aesthetically concerned with life. Even if the river did reach into the city, the "executives" there wouldn't have the eyes to see it.

Now, a not so serious quote from another English professor. "It's quite a relief to have a class where everybody can write, so at the end of the semester I am going to have you all bronzed." The professor of my 18th century literature class said this one day after handing back a batch of papers.

In the midst of my busy schedule today I took time out to repair a Nintendo 64 controller of mine. The "A" button was sticking on occasion. I think many years ago I had spilled a portion of a drink on the controller. Soon after that I bought more controllers anyways and then I could always pick the newest controller for my playing pleasure. However, today I took pity on those friends of mine that have had the inestimable pleasure of having the "A" button stick on them and I labored over the little gray controller for a half an hour. It was necessary though. The N64 has provided fun for years and it will continue to do so. The system simply has some of the best multiplayer games that will ever exist.

Ludacris in 2 Fast 2 Furious...............ghetto.

No comments: