Thursday, October 27, 2005

Bill Read Dracula

Swoopes announced she likes women. Did this come as a shock to anyone? I'm expecting the whole slew of WNBA players to follow suit now.

How cool was the World Series? I watch seven or fewer baseball games a year in the World Series. Last year it was Boston's turn and this year, the White Sox. I met Bill tonight. Bill has been a White Sox fan for 55 years. He grew up in Northern Illinois and at age ten he had to decide which Chicago team to pick. Bill, I know you aren't reading this, but you picked the right one. Bill also noticed I was reading Dracula. He told me about the time he spent living in Romania. He said one evening he bought a hard-cover Dracula because he thought it would be a good first time to read the book. He brought it back to his residence and opened the window. Bill ended up not setting Dracula down until he was finished with it. He read through the night. How cool is that? I myself am enjoying the book a lot, but I do wish I only had one night to read it in Transylvania with my window open to the moonlit sky.

This October has been the warmest of the five I have spent in Laramie. Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 63. That is unheard of! I mean it's freaking almost November and we are in the 60s....what the hell is going on? I am sure enjoying it. I had a pleasant realization while biking to class today, that given my time away for Thanksgiving, I have at most 7 more weeks of Laramie winter in my life...except that is until I come back the first week of May for graduation, but this is great. It should be winter right now, but it isn't. I know it is going to change from one day to the next and I won't see the 60s for the rest of the semester, but I am loving it up while it lasts.

No comments: