Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I Want a Black, Bulletproof Suburban

Andy Rooney is definitely one of the most arrogant punks around but I still watch the last 5 minutes of 60 Minutes in hope of hearing the occasional intelligent comment from him.

I can't promise a daily blog anymore, at least for the rest of the semester. I will be happy with writing one every other day. The extreme business that I spoke of last week might just be the beginning of a very taxing end to the semester.

I think everyone should read this. It's an account of an army reservist being called to duty. I found it when I was browsing through some internet sites this morning. http://www.slate.com/id/2128621/entry/2128622/

Seeing Bush Sr. yesterday was awesome. He talked about working with Clinton and had some good things to say about ole' Bill. That was good to hear. He mentioned how people in his camp are chiding him for working with Bill. Likewise, he said people in Bill's camp are asking him why he is working with the enemy. Bush Sr. then went on to say that conservative, liberal, republican, and democrat doesn't mean anything to them in this venture. All that matters is that they are helping people affected by the tsunamis of 2004, hurricanes, and other disasters. It takes a lot for these guys to throw politics out the window and I am glad when it happens.

I got stopped on a sidewalk afterwards by a cop. He stopped me right by the driveway coming out of the arena. In a moment Bush Sr. and the Secret Service pulled out right in front of me. Bush Sr. looked at me and waved, and I waved back. This is sort of a silly thing to be excited about, but he was 5 feet in front of me and I thought it was COOL...okay? Plus, the Secret Service guys stand and act in real life exactly as they do in the movies...well done Hollywood.

No comments: