Thursday, October 06, 2005

A Falling Marble

I don't know what I am going to do when I graduate. All I know is that, and the fact that I am not alone. I want to do this, or I want to do that. It all begins with I want. Each class I take pushes me closer to the edge, but not the edge of misery, but the edge of the unknown.

You know those marble mazes? You drop the marble in the top and it can take innumerable paths to the same end. Well, I feel like the marble. I can't predict the future, but I know there are unseen obstacles that will send me in a different direction then I ever thought I was going. That is the nature of things. I might as well blindfold myself, grab God's hand, and go along for the ride because He is the only guidance I have.

Who am I to say what I will do? God knows it...I know that much. He doesn't change His mind. It was set a long time ago and the faith God gives us in this life offers peace like nothing else. I realize I might make this sound like an easy conclusion to come to, but it took the feeling of misdirection to bring me to some semblance of direction. Since I am human, I am bound to forget this at some point, but not for long...not for long.

No comments: