Sunday, March 16, 2008

Spring is arriving, but it's still cold

We drove to the lake today, to the same spot this picture was taken back in July. And to the same spot I wrote about in July, copied below.

I won’t ever be able to see that pier into Lake Michigan and not think about the trip I had out here with my wife and two fine gentlemen. I see them leap from it. Sounds of that trip come to me when the apartment is dark and empty. They make me smile.


How the weather changes never fails to shock me.


Ice formations made by the waves.

Ice had completely encased this section of railing. Crazy ice formations...courtesy of waves, wind, and cold-ass temperatures.


More of the ice covered pier.

2 comments:

Jarrod Renaud said...

cool pictures.

Chris Nicoletti said...

That was an incredible trip, I miss those moments as well. I love you.