Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Clinton is like Qdoba

I drive by Qdoba everyday. And everyday, I don’t go in because it is not a Chipotle.

When I drove by Qdoba yesterday I thought about how if Milwaukee had no Chipotles, going to Qdoba still wouldn’t be an option.

Then I thought of doing something crazy, like writing a blog that compares the Chipotle/Qdoba battle to the Obama/Clinton battle. Mostly, I thought I would draw similarities between the two from a very opinionated perspective. I was really excited. I do this a lot. See something. Think for a couple seconds and say to myself, “Oh, I could write about that.”

After getting home yesterday I thought about it and realized that would make for one crappy blog. I could only think of one point to make out of the whole comparison.

Clinton is like Qdoba. They are both all over the place, but in the absence of their competition (Obama and Chipotle), I won’t vote for her in November, and I won’t go to the Qdoba down the road.

Obama and Chipotle stand alone. There are no substitutes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. 'nough said.

Egirl said...

Hey Bryce,

I haven't visited your blog in ages and when your mom mentioned you are very involved in the elections, I decided to rectify my lapse. SO I spent 2 hours on your blog this past Sat. and another hour or so visiting the sites your referenced. It was great. I appreciate and admire your involvement in the process and fully agree that if the 'real delegate' and popular vote ratios are as they exist when the convention comes and Obama is not the nominee there will be nearly irreprable and long lasting harm to the political process and the D party. I am hoping that the 'super delegate' concept within the political party dies as it aught. All that reading done and all that said, I am not convinced to vote for Obama but I am reassessing some very long and strongly held beliefs about some fundamental platform positions I have held for a very long time. Thanks for the proding - it is making me do a lot of additional reading - soul searching and praying on these issues - that I have neglected for far too long. Aunty G

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but what the hell? Qdoba is much better than that Chipotle trash.