Thursday, March 20, 2008

Did I have Lyme disease?

As promised, I will post a longer health update blog, but first this.

I have a day-by-day calendar that is from the writers of The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook. The topic on Monday was “How to Recognize Lyme Disease.”

More than a few times over the last five months it sounded like a disease I could have had, or have, once I found out you could have it and never have the classic bull’s eye rash.

The listed systemic symptoms are many and I have had many of them, including, ear pain, temporary hearing loss, ringing, sensitivity to noise, headaches, facial paralysis, stiff neck, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, inflammation, and possibly a sudden onset heart murmur.

I was tested for the Lyme antibody back in January. The test was negative. The mystery unsolved, but I was told it is sometimes hard to get a certain diagnosis of Lyme disease.

It is still one of my theories that I had Lyme disease and I am very slowly fighting off its grasp. Who knows?

No comments: