Thursday, March 13, 2008

Scaling Back

I wrote yesterday that I was going to try to make it five weeks without this blog being dominated by politics. Then I read a decent chunk of old blogs (they were almost 2 years old) and I read this on Aaron’s blog “As Bryce is slowing down on the politics blogging, I'm just about to heat up” and I got sad and immediately regretted trying to dial down on the politics.

Selfishly, I wanted to be the one about to heat up, but I have been feeling somewhere inside of me that I am the one that needs to cool off…even if it is for a few days, weeks, or that five week hiatus I spoke of yesterday.

Reading through some of the archives helped me realize that this blog has been fairly political for a while now. In my head, I think of it as being political only since December. That’s not very long, but the truth is that a lot of blogs on here, maybe a majority, have a political undertone in them. To completely get rid of that would be to alter my style of writing and my voice. I don’t mean to do that, but I still aim to scale back.

No comments: