Friday, April 11, 2008

Happy Birthday, Six Hours On Sunday

I had no clue what I was getting into when I wrote this three years ago. I knew little about what a blog was exactly when I started my own. I was only vaguely aware of the blogosphere and the web of the millions of bloggers out there sharing stories and opinions and lives.

Three years ago, I started this blog because I was hopeful that it would force me to practice the art I love so much. I was right. Without this tiny little place in the blogosphere, where I can self-publish anything I want any day I want, I would not be where I am today.

So, this site started as a writing experiment. It has turned into so much more. Now, I see this blog as a door. At first I was very apprehensive about cracking it open and letting the outside world in on my little secrets, but with a comment left on my blog there, a conversation about my blog here, my reluctance has been whittled away.

I think within the last year I kicked that door open. A huge reason the door remains open is because of you. You come back every day. Without an audience this platform would be much different. Maybe there wouldn’t be a platform at all. I owe this to all of you and an innocent decision I made exactly three years ago that has become a huge part of me.

Thank you.

2 comments:

Jarrod Renaud said...

Thanks for keeping up with it. You know I check up on it a few times a day.

Rachel L. said...

Happy happy birfday!!! Love my daily Bryce. Ha.