Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Choice Part

The two best bits of commentary on Obama's "bitter" quote I have found are from an emailer on a blog and Jon Stewart.

The emailer:

Thank God for Obama's speech. I live in rural Kentucky and yes, many, many people here have nothing: no job, no money, and no future. Ironically, people on the coasts call him elitist for saying something that most here agree with. Maybe that's why nobody is talking about it around here--old news.

And I paraphrase Jon Stewart. He made a point of all the elite criticism by reminding us that elite means good. He went on to say that he wants the president to be much smarter than him. I think he makes an excellent point and very accurately makes fun of the way the MSM and politicians throw the word around.

I don't want dumb in The White House. I don't want average in The White House. If Obama is elite, I want elite in The White House.


Side note: Stephen Colbert has been broadcasting from Philadelphia all week and so far the shows have been off the hook. You should really try to catch one on the tube or right here. Last night Michelle Obama was on.

No comments: