Tuesday, November 21, 2006

London - 16 Jan 06

16 January 2006

I had my first class today with a professor named Andrew. He is truly obsessed with Shakespeare. Wow! We will get to see five plays through the course of the semester for this class. I was up for over three hours last night because of jet lag. I have been exhausted all day and I have caught a bit of a cold. Aside from that, and being fairly hungry all day long, it was a pleasant afternoon and evening.


A group of us went to Piccadilly Circus after classes. It’s a bright and noisy intersection where four or five streets meet. It’s London’s Times Square. Spoke with Kate today for just of twenty minutes and it cost ₤5. That is a lot. I have tried my best to stay up today, but it’s 8:30 and I am going fast. One last thing… I had a falafel and cruised around Piccadilly while I was eating. I thought of Guy and enjoyed my own company in this busy and rushed life.

Piccadilly Circus isn’t like Times Square, but it is the closest thing to it in London. That ₤5 conversation cost me $8.75. Kate and I would later agree to talk every other day on a new cell phone that cost 5 pence a minute. That is cheap! And, well, having falafel made me think of Guy, even though the falafel was rather cheap and not the best.

No comments: