Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Catch Ya Later, Don

I feel like I have been blogging too much about politics on here. I apologize. I always wanted this blog to be about anything and not one thing over the other. It has been hard to contain my thoughts about the recent election and the results. There is so much more to write about; this is one huge reason I am glad the race is over.

Though happy with the results of the election, I can't expect America's global standing to jump up a few notches, I can't expect the war in Iraq to end tomorrow, and I can't expect that this party's global perspective will ease the swell of Islamofascism. All that aside, if Rumsfeld getting the boot is all that happens from this Democratic trouncing, it was well worth it.

I hope that I write about something different tomorrow. I leave you with The Guardian's brilliant leader from tomorrow's paper:

The departure of the disastrous Mr Rumsfeld has come at least three years too late. But it shows that Mr Bush has finally been forced to face the reality of the Iraq disaster for which his defence secretary bears so much responsibility. As the smoke rose over the Pentagon on 9/11, Mr Rumsfeld was already writing a memo that wrongly pointed the finger at Saddam Hussein. He more than anyone beat the drum for the long-held neoconservative obsession with invading Iraq. It was he who insisted, over the advice of all his senior generals, that the invasion required only a third of the forces that the military said they needed. He more than anyone else is the architect of America's humiliations in Iraq. It was truly an outrage that he remained in office for so long. - The Guardian, Thursday, November 9, 2006.

No comments: