Friday, September 09, 2005

SoCal Revisited

*I have been meaning to put more stuff up here from the summer, so here it is.*

5:51 am, Saturday, 30.July.2005

Late night tonight. I'm going on 1.5 hours of sleep after a long day of work, play, and mischief. Erik, Kyle, and Chris woke me up at 3 am. They were certainly not deprived of an adrenaline that could have only come from almost being busted so I listened to their story. I knew before I layed down for a nap they were going to hit golf balls into a public pool late at night. Simply put, they saw someone and they decided to book it. I am proud of those boys and their running amuck.

I am being honest when I say that running in that situation was a good choice. The surrounding homes are heavily forrested and the yards are fenced in. The fellas are in great shape and could outrun 90% of people in a flat out sprint. If I wasn't confined to my duties at home last night, packing, laundry, and tying some last minute things up, I could have been with them. I would have ran too. If I got caught after running, running would be my first regret, but we (guys) love breaking rules. This is an acceptable idea with a limit. Tonight's incident falls within the boundaries for me.

I am typically not a great plane-sleeper, but I need an hour and a half on this flight, without it, I will barely function today. I am terribly excited to see Megan and Colton...and the beach. The taste of SoCal may be sweet at first, but I expect it to lose its taste fast. In the summer of 2002, I had a realization--that after desiring SoCal since my family moved away in 1988, I no longer wanted to return to my home in this part of the country. From that moment on I have been content with the thought of never moving back there. Week long stints are nice, but during this trip I only expect my preferences to be found concrete once again. I board soon and should try to get drowsy--it shouldn't be hard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.