Monday, September 12, 2005

3.August.2005

10 piece chicken mcnugget. Empty San Diego airport. Megan and Colton driving off into the SoCal abyss. Another goodbye. When will I see them again? December...I think. A new orange shirt. I wish Kate could have been here. Spring Break could've been a blast out here. It was still fun. Erik at the airport...or someone else? Nah, definitely Erik. They say you are only crazy if you talk to yourself and answer back. I just did. So many stories at airports. People are on vacation; going home; running away; going to a funeral; going to a wedding; investigating a potential job, "No, we didn't like it" or "Oh, it's perfect."

San Diego hills plus the fellas and a longboard wouldn't be good. I could be conservative and safe in my judgments, but I would worry about them. If St.Vrain road yields 40 mph speeds, then I wouldn't be surprised to see 55+ on some hills out here. Cellphones. Everyone has them accept me. Inevitably, I will get one when I am out on my own, it will make me feel independent for a fleeting morment before I remind myself to not let it make me dependent on it. (12.September.2005 - I have a cell phone now. I was unexpectedly added to my girl's family plan. It's cheap for me.)

No one, no matter how much they hate it, is invulnerable to pop culture. There are those affected at different levels. I believe myself to be at the lower end or the bottom of the scale in which the top would include those highly affected and suffocated by pop culture. A girl in front of me is reading Rolling Stone magazine. She sparked that thought? Actually, it was probably the magazine doing the thinking for her.

Flight is delayed an hour and a half now. Going to call Erik and let him know. One good thing...I won't be working tomorrow with such a late arrival in Denver.

No comments: