Saturday, September 10, 2005

SoCal 2

31.July.2005

I am still feeling the effects from not sleeping Friday night. Tomorrow will provide a chance for me to sleep in and do some catch up in that department.

Harking back to an idea I threw out in the last entry, the desire to not live in California ever again is still present in me. It took me two hours to be turned-off with the sights in some of suburban San Diego. Many new commercial and residential developments are across the street from run-down, dumpy-looking homes that still run for $400,000. Southern California remains in an endless state of expansion and construction. I wonder, when does the "settling in" go on?

Colton is a working man (always has been), and when he is away from the office there seems to be someone from the company around. I have a lot of appreciation for what he is doing and how he puts in so many hours to excel at work, thus improving Colton and Megan's situation out there.

Today, Megan and I watched two of Colton's flag-football games. The team finished 1-1 today. A trip to In and Out followed. It was tasty, but not amazing. The idea of all fast food joints is better than the post-consumption feeling from a Double-Double, fries, and a shake. We went to the beach afterwards--Colton worked. A burrito for dinner from one of Colton's favorite places and a conversation with my beautiful Kate capped off the night. The evening of mischief has caught up to me now and I leave this entry as I left the last, tired!

No comments: