Wednesday, September 21, 2005

6000 Meters to Go

I found this in a journal of mine. I wrote it last fall during my last year as a student-athlete at UW. Swimming was an amazing experience and I wouldn't trade the 4 years I swam for UW for anything, but as you can tell from this, it was often frustrating.

21.November.2004

The time is approaching that most students will leave Laramie asap for Thanksgiving break. I suffer during this time because I have to stay around until practice is over on Wednesday. It's so easy to become depressed when you are walking to Corbett and there is no one in sight. Laramie is dead, especially the campus.

I wonder why am I still here? I need a break...a vacation. I don't want to do this. Can we just fall asleep on the pool deck? Isn't it time to go? My life would be easier and better if I wasn't here right now. Look at that bastard packing his car, about ready to go home for a nice long Thanksgiving break.

I can make it. Two more hours and I am home free. Maybe practice will be extremely easy...doubt it. I can't wait for Christmas break. Three more weeks of school, but I have to swim as well. This will make you stronger, Bryce. Don't succumb to the pressure and temptation to quit. Don't do it. You will be thankful in the end. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger....

I am thankful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember this so brilliantly, Bryce. Like it was yesterday :)