Saturday, June 21, 2008

Shotgun Blog

A few quick thoughts.

My field lead told me working on a campaign is organized chaos. No, it's just chaos.

Campaigns don't have days off. Neither do the fellows.

It hasn't fully hit me yet, but I am a part of something quite special and historic. Never has a program like the Obama Organizing Fellows been implemented in a Presidential campaign. I have a feeling it is going to be very successful, but nevertheless, we are the guinea pigs and that is huge. I think of us as a fraternity of 3,500 pulled from over 10,000 applicants. We have 17 branches, all in battleground states.

The Wicklunds were very gracious and sent me a copy of Tony Campolo's Red Letter Christians. I wish I could say I am halfway through all ready, but I'm not. To tell you the truth, I haven't cracked the book, but as soon as I'm done with this job I will. It is number one on the reading list. Thanks!

I have to get a temporary cell phone for my calls. I am making a minimum 50 calls a day. They taught us our phone should be treated as a weapon.

Don't ask any Obama fellows if we have yard signs! We don't. Yard signs don't win elections.

I know there is a team in Colorado. Help them out.

Obama is going to win Milwaukee in a landslide. It's not going to be pretty.

I love this work so far.

1 comment:

Jarrod Renaud said...

I am happy for you! Excited that you have this opportunity, and its awesome to hear that you're not just stuck at the 'bucks:)