Friday, March 09, 2007

Where are we moving?

Kate is done with her interviews. We have had a number of discussions and a lot of prayers over the last few days about how to rank the three cities.

Maybe I should explain just a bit. Kate interviewed at three hospitals for residency programs. The hospitals were in Chicago, Salt Lake City and Milwaukee. These are one-year programs that don't necessarily turn into long-term gigs with the hospital that you might be a resident at. After Kate finished her interviews she had to list the hospitals from most preferred to least preferred. She did that today.

In roughly twelve days time we will find out if the hospital's interest in Kate matches with Kate's interest in them.

Taking into consideration Kate's opportunity at each residency, location, job opportunities (for the both of us) and distance away from home, here are our top three choices:

1. Milwaukee
2. Salt Lake City
3. Chicago

This may surprise some of you. I have received bad reactions about Milwaukee from nearly everyone I have spoken to. I too have been eager to push it further down the list just because the name, Milwaukee, but I came to the realization that it doesn't seem like a bad place to live and everyone that has been telling me otherwise couldn't tell me one damn thing about the city. I suppose that if I were to follow that kind of rational I would miss out on a lot.

On a lighter, less serious note...

Sanjaya survived the cuts last night on the Idol. If there was one person that needed to be voted off, it was him. Not that you care, but I just had to express my disappointment with the pubescent girls for keeping him on the show. Poor choice, ladies.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Hmm. Interesting.

Erik Haagenson said...

How come B-town is nowhere to be found on that list? The three of us could move in together, it could be great!