Friday, March 23, 2007

To the folks at DiningOut

Thanks for showing me the ropes. Prior to my time at DiningOut, I had had one other internship at a publishing company in London. So far my internship experiences have been pretty similar.

In typical Bryce fashion, I arrive doubting my ability to fit in, get some work done, and feel like part of the company. Time proves me wrong. I learn a little, then, I learn a little more, get to know my co-workers, and sooner or later things start to flow fairly well and the intern awkwardness washes away. By the time I leave I am genuinely sad to be leaving such young friendships and good people.

I will especially miss the editorial team, slaying wasps, talking about the Idol, going to Outtakes, trying to name all 50 states in 10 minutes, chilling with Mr. Rumisek and Mr. Brush, the plethora of music on the DiningOut server, and rocking out to "No Cars Go".

I won't miss the traffic, the drive through the smelly crotch of Denver that is Commerce City, and the gruelling spine editing sessions.

Keep in touch.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Are you done already? Wow. Congrats. I was really jealous of that music server.

Aaron said...

The post about other countries' views on the United States. Something that I have learned, both here and in Africa, is that people think they understand the U.S. and the people in it, but they really don't. That's just as dangerous, or perhaps more dangerous, than not knowing anything to begin with. And that got me thinking about Christians and the way that other people perceive us. So that's that story. And I did sort of get my preach on, didn't I? That Bart Campolo "I believe" post was awesome. I believe that he needs to update more.