Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Happy Birthday to Mr. Haagenson

Erik, the strapping young man, is turning 21 today. Well, not today here, but today in Christchurch, New Zealand, where, according to my trusty "World Clock" under the "Tools" menu of my LG phone, it happens to be 9:35 am on Wednesday, the 21st of March.

Erik,

I hope you have a pint on this, your golden birthday. I had one on mine, when I turned 3, but only got a sip in before Dad took the brewsky away. Thankfully, that was enough to give me a jolly good nap in my bubbling drool, as if I needed the help.

To say that I am thankful for your friendship is a drastic understatement. I am proud to call you my friend. You don't need my blessing or encouragement to continue to have a wonderful time today, but I wish you the best. Enjoy the company of friends, both old and new. I wish so much I was there to toast to your birthday. I'll toast from here. Happy Birthday.

Bryce

*I only thought of doing a post like this because of Aaron's post for Chris on his birthday. Chris, I would like to say to you now all of what I said to Erik above. See above text, substituting "Erik" with "Chris" and disregard the portion about the golden birthday. I love you. From what I read on your blog it sounds like you had an excellent 21st.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Well played.