Monday, March 09, 2009

Cali, great place to visit

Thirteen months is a long time to go without seeing my sister, her husband, and their only child. This is the kind of gap that would only be acceptable if I lived on the other side of the Atlantic, but even then, I would secretly hope that thirteen months would not pass between visits.

Nevertheless, that is exactly what has happened and my sister and family are only in California. I want to say never again. This is not going to happen again because I care too much about my relationship with them. However, once you do something it sort of becomes easier to do and we tend to become indolent in our quest to never let it happen again. As for this, I hope that’s not the case. The thirteen months have been hard. I don’t want it to get harder.

We leave tomorrow. Back on Sunday.

No comments: