Thursday, November 03, 2005

It's Showtime

Hollywood is in a slump. I can't believe how much crap comes out of that city in any given year, but specifically this year. It seems that I have been waiting around since I saw Batman Begins for another good movie. Here we are entering into the holiday season and there should be buckets of movies that I am dying to see...this is not the case.

I just can't get with Potter and his schoolboys. A History of Violence was just awful. What was up with the sex scene on the stairs? My girlfriend was laughing uncontrollably in the theatre when she leaned over to talk to me during this scene, "I am so embarrassed that I brought Angela (her younger sister) to see this." A quick story about my senior seminar class yesterday. My professor asked us if we had seen A History of Violence yet. I quickly shouted out a loud, "don't!" before anyone had time to answer. She then proceeded to tell us that it was a great movie and that we should go see it. That is fine, everyone is entitled to their own movie opinions, but I felt a bit bad about bashing the movie she was about to sell to us.

WeatherMan looks promising to me, but other than that the only movie that I have been honestly looking forward to is The Chronicles of Narnia. The movie was filmed in New Zealand, and it's using WETA Workshop for special effects and imagery, it's adapted from C.S. Lewis's (who is a stud, even though I recently heard he smoked close to 50 cigarretes a day) great books, and it has Aslan in it, who is essentially Jesus kicking some major ass....how can this movie not be good?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure I told you to see The Constant Gardener, but I'm not sure. It was incredible. I know that Serenity wasn't in Laramie, but that was really good too. So was Crash.