Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Believe It Or Not

I am going to graduate in May. This blog might have come in May, rather than in the last few weeks of this semester, but it did so because these are my last weeks in Laramie as a University of Wyoming student. I feel that I am graduating in three weeks because I am leaving the institution that I have been a part of for nine semesters. I remember all this talk about high school being the greatest years of your life...wrong. College has straight up dominated the high school years in any way imaginable. The four and a half years I have spent here have fostered a personal, academic, social, and spiritual growth for me that couldn't have been achieved without having this experience. This is not to say that I couldn't grow in those areas without this experience, but to emphasize the important role Wyoming, UW, and the friends therein have played in my life.

As of December 16, 2005, I will have completed 40 courses at this university. The knowledge I have gained from these courses is varied in levels of importance, but I can say that every course has provided a memorable story, experience, or lesson that I can take away from my college experience, other than the material presented to me by my many different professors. In my next few entries I am going to attempt to list all 40 of those courses along with that story, experience, or lesson. I am looking forward to writing those blogs already. However, some things call me away from my computer, and they are my 38th and 39th courses taken at UDUB.

No comments: