Friday, January 04, 2008

V is for Victory

I tuned in for Obama's speech following his victory in the Iowa Caucus last night and was excited, honestly excited, about hearing a politician speak. His speech included typical political pleasantries, but unlike so many other candidates, his rhetoric struck me as genuine, honorable, and unifying.

I was captivated by the excitement in the room, by the young voters, by the turnout, and by Obama's ability to give a speech.

Obama says at one point, "I know you didn't do this for me." I believe him because I don't think that room of people did do that for him. That room of people thinks the world is changing and they think that America has gone awry in recent years. That room wants change. That room wants hope for America and they see Obama as the catalyst of that hope. I really do believe they did this for America. Obama gets to ride the wave now.

And, the man sure can give a speech.

No comments: