Thursday, January 25, 2007

London - Israel - 7 April 06

Long overnight flight to Tel Aviv. A lot of frisking at airport. Guy picked me up and we drove to the apartment. Ate some. Took a long nap. Ate some more. Took the dog for a walk. Watched a little TV. Laughed. Talked. Spoke with his parents. Had a great dinner. Watched some Israeli TV. Might go out tonight, pretty exhausted though.

I love how I started this entry…fourteen sentences, ten of them incomplete. Though there are just three words, sometimes one, in between periods they ignite memories of a trip that I will not soon forget. I know what we ate. I know where I slept. I can walk the same route we took the dog on. I only thought there would be very little interest in reading my London entries, but that isn’t why they are up here. This blog has become a journey for me, a record of my life and a source of good writing exercise. I knew when starting this blog that people would choose to diligently read it, or they would not. The ones that read this now are the people that have been reading this from the beginning. I thank you for reading. I know at times none of this will be interesting to you and only meaningful to the author, but regardless of whether you like it or not, I hope that something on this blog makes you feel like you are on a journey, or that it has helped you start your own.

1 comment:

Rachel L. said...

It is really cool to know what you did in London. We never talked about it and I regret that. This blog is awesome. I love your idea with commentating on your journal entries. I look forward to reading it everyday!