Friday, January 26, 2007

Israel - 8 April 06

We did go out until 4 am. A very loud club with lots of people. We went to a burger joint, also full, at 3 am, but it was very good. We woke up at noon and had a great lunch from Rosy. She is a great cook and a very nice hostess. It was a beautiful day so we headed to the beach. Lots of people there. Shallow water, great for throwing the Frisbee around. The water was warm, warmer than the Pacific. There were too many guys in Speedos and euro trunks. We got back and cleaned up before Guy’s grandparents came for dinner. Guy’s sister and husband came over with their two daughters.

We are going north tomorrow and are just watching a movie tonight, an illegal copy of Crash on DVD. I miss Kate and the family a lot right now. You always miss the things you love the most when you get closer to seeing them. At least this is true for me.

I forgot how short most of these Israel entries are. I didn’t have much time to write during this trip. We were always gone, going somewhere, eating or sleeping, but I had to write down the day's events. I rightly judged then, that if I read these few lines in the future, that the words would be enough to bring back the moment.

Crash was enjoyable. I understand why it won an Oscar. I don’t understand why everyone was so surprised.

No comments: