Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Israel - 12 April 06

Last night we went out for a drink. It was nice to get another taste of the Tel Aviv nightlife. We also went to a burger joint. It was hopping at 1 am when we left. What a life it would be to work there every night. No thank you.

Tonight is the Seder meal and I will meet Guy’s grandparents.

I could have left here on the 13th, well, even as I write that I realize that is tomorrow and it would be too soon. I will miss being with my family on Easter, heck, I just miss them. I wouldn’t have liked doing what Guy did (he studied abroad for all of his undergraduate years). That must have been so tough. I only know what 3.5 months is like, just over a quarter of a year, and that is enough.


Kate is so close I can almost, or can, picture driving up the street and hiking up those steps. I will be bounding actually. I want to be there now. I feel like my heart has already gone home and it’s just waiting for my body.

It is lame how much I wrote “I miss home”, or something of the sort, in my journal. If I read the previous day’s entry before writing I probably wouldn’t have mentioned how much I missed people from home in every entry. Alas, I did not and that is why there is so much lame, sappy missing going on.

One more thing, I could have done what Guy did. You know, study abroad for all those years. If I went abroad for my studies as a freshman I wouldn't have anything to make me reluctant of doing so. Now I am engaged, things are a little different, so I wouldn't leave the US unless Kate could come with. I promise you if she could, we would be gone for a while.

No comments: