Sunday, January 21, 2007

London - 2 April 06

“A man who is tired of London, is tired of life.” – Samuel Johnson.

Descending into the cavernous Canary Wharf station. This was the first tube station designed with the 2012 London Olympics in mind. There is such a thing as a beautiful tube station.Green Park in late March.

After nearly three months here I know this quote from Johnson is true for me. I have four days left here before I fly to Israel. It has been a fast 11.5 weeks thus far. I don’t expect the last two to go any slower.

The whole purpose of this entry was to get that Samuel Johnson quote in the journal before it slipped my mind.

This is the Swiss Re Tower in London. Designed by Norman Foster, this tower was visible everyday as I rode into the center of London. A phallic symbol it is, thus it acquires some interesting nicknames such as the "Gherkin."

I spent a lot of those last days in London running around and getting pictures of buildings and other locations that I didn’t have a picture of yet. I hadn’t gone out of my way to take pictures of MI6, the flowers at Green Park, the Lloyds building in the City, The Gherkin or Swiss Re Tower, and Canary Wharf. I have included some of these pictures.

No comments: