Thursday, August 21, 2008

Stuck to the Tube

You can't pull me away from the Olympics. I must admit, when I'm home when Kate is at work, they are a bit distracting and at times keep me from accomplishing everything in the day that I set out to do. I am glad they aren't on for a whole month. Two weeks is more than enough because it takes so much time to watch almost all of the Olympics.

On Monday I had to get out of the house in order to write those restaurant reviews, but I've watched less Olympic coverage in the last few days. I've recorded more on the good old VCR and my disinterest in them is growing. Everything else pales in comparison to Phelps.

I've really enjoyed watching gymnastics. This is weird. I guess I watch because I have the opposite body build of all the competitors. They do incredible things, like sit on couches and let their legs dangle. It's really quite impressive.

Another highlight for me has been Usain Bolt. I didn't like his attitude in the 100m, but to see him actually try the whole length of the 200m race last night and beat Michael Johnson's 12-year-old record, was a treat.

As I write this I am being distracted by the final of the women's 200m. There's the gun. Goodbye.

No comments: