Thursday, August 28, 2008

Rock Out With Your Barack Out

Now, that was a speech. Obama did what he needed to do. After the formal pleasantries, Obama addressed exactly what he wants to do with his presidency and exactly how he is going to do it. He threw in some very good lines about the closeness of Bush and McCain. I especially liked this one, which accurately addresses the way McCain is campaigning now. "If you don't have fresh ideas you use stale tactics to scare up voters."

And the music at the end...I thought it fitting that it was from the movie National Treasure.

I close with my idea for a team name of volunteers I worked with this summer:

Rock Out With Your Barack Out

2 comments:

elisa beeson said...

oh man that was an awesome speech! i loved when he said "...one of the things that we have to change in our politics is the idea that people cannot disagree without challenging each other's character and each other's patriotism." well said barack well said!

Rachel L. said...

I thought it was from Remember the Titans?