Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Really, Atlanta?

I was sitting at home last night watching the Olympics (like I've been doing for the last 11 days) and I thought, just how did Atlanta get the 1996 Summer Olympic Games?

I'd be hard-pressed to think of a more disappointing world city to travel to as an Olympian. I guess another reason Atlanta is such a shocker is because I don't think of it as a world city. Even within the U.S., Atlanta would be last, or close to it, on a list of cities I would like to visit.

What do you do there? Visit CNN? Track down residences of famous rappers? There's the World of Coca-Cola museum. I'm sure that's a big draw, but on the international scene? Please.

I've recently decided to apply for a spot on the 2012 Olympic team. I'm glad Atlanta has been checked off the list.

1 comment:

Rachel L. said...

The only thing I could think of is that Atl is home to the Airtran hub which is huge in international flights.