Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Pub

Sorry to get all sentimental on here again, but I miss pubs...British, Scottish, Irish, and the like. Sure, I can go over to O'Shays on Main Street and order up a couple amber ales, but it won't be the same. I sat at my computer tonight looking through hundreds of old pictures and reading anything that might prompt a response to put on this blog. I didn't come up with anything. I wished some friends were around to walk down to the local pub, but there isn't one. When I realized this it hit me, I miss the pub culture. Going to the pubs after work in London was one of my favorite things to do. Pub life is so engrained in that culture it would be impossible to replicate every element of it here in the States. Part of the culture is the building itself and I drank in a few pubs over there that are older than this country. I miss a lot of that culture, but above all else--what I miss most--is cultivating a friendship over a pint. Cheers.

1 comment:

Mac said...

Bryce, I would be honored to cultivate our friendship over a pint. even though it wont be in a good ole fashion pub. Thursday (10/26/2006) night would be grand, but if not for you, we could for sure find another night. Any day but this friday and all Tuesdays. I think you are working tonight (i know that because i went to see if you were working the other day, but you werent and they told me you were closing tonight) or I would ask you if you could go tonight. Let me know. i will prob call you in a couple of min. too. i just wanted to leave you a message. talk to you in a few hopefully.