Saturday, October 07, 2006

Blog of Note

I didn't know what this blog was going to become when I started it. Heck, I barely knew what blogging was, but I knew it was a way for others to read my work, if that is what you want to call it. The idea of quasi publishing anything I wanted to on a website was enough for me to give Blogger some obligatory information about myself in order to get http://sixhoursonsunday.blogspot.com .

From the beginning, I wanted this site to be listed as one of the "Blogs of Note". You can laugh, it's all right. It is a little less embarrasing to write that on this site than to say it to your face. I shamelessly admit, it would still be nice to achieve that status. I suppose writing this on my own blog won't help the chances. Some Blogger minion is probably looking at this page right now, shaking his head in disbelief, forever eliminating SHoS from making an appearance on the list.


I can't blame that person. All the blogs that are noted seem to have a theme, and if this blog has a theme, all the other famous blogs have a much narrower theme. I have thought about starting a new blog with a defined theme. Ideas have come and gone, but nothing has sprouted. SHoS persists to be the location for my public reading material.


I have regular readers. I think I know all of them, but who is to say if they would visit this site if they didn't know me? Not I, but I have my doubts. Does that mean I don't believe my writing has any universal quality? Maybe, at times. I also have been known to occasionally think I have been misled to a dream of writing for a career. This can exist because I do not yet know if I am any better at writing, which is what I want to do more than anything, than I am at basketball, acting, or making the next latte--strike that, I do know I can write better than I can bar at my place of employment.

No comments: