Thursday, May 18, 2006

My One History Class

HIST 1251 - Wyoming History - I needed some sort of government class, so why not brush up on the Wyoming Constitution. I could never stay awake for the entire hour of this class. I was a freshman, it was in the morning, and I swam every morning before this class. When class began on Tuesday mornings at 8:15 I had already been up two hours and forty-five minutes. For an hour and a half of that time I was swimming. I can't blame myself for falling asleep, I blame swimming and the boring material. The professor knows way too much about Wyoming and he has the most wicked comb-over. He enlightened all of us when he told us that two of the dorms at UW used to be the tallest buildings in the state at 12 stories. And one hall, White Hall, is something like two feet taller than McIntyre Hall. Currently, the tallest building in Wyoming, according to the comb-over, is at the Jim Bridger power plant. I think he said it was fourteen stories tall.

No comments: