Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Kiltastic

English 4360 - Early American Prose - I don't have any great story from this class. I remember talking to this Russian girl that was taking this course for part of her American Studies program at UW. She told me that UW has one of the best American Studies programs in the nation. I told her that was great and well, I hope she is having fun back in Russia. I hope she wasn't at that convention for pigeon lovers, in that building in Moscow, when the roof collapsed under the weight of snow. That happened sometime between January 12 and April 7 because I was in London when it happened.

Ahh. I remember. I can't recall the guy's name, but that isn't the point. The point is there is this guy at UW who wears kilts all the time. Got it. His name is Robyn. He was in this class for the first few weeks before he dropped it. I saw him a lot more after this course, but that was the first time I came across such an interesting look. He is a large man. His calves are the size of my quads and he wears kilts everyday. Robyn must have a ton of kilts. I have never spoken to him. I remember he wore kilts with cargo style pockets on them. They had UtiliKilts stitched into the side. Kilts are chill, but I just couldn't sport one up at UW. I don't like the idea of a -20 F breeze blowing all up in my kilt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All up in your kilt???