Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Direction Free

Not only is graduating not very exciting to me, but in the meantime I have also discovered that I don't know the first thing about getting a real job and how to go about doing that. I do know that whatever job I do end up getting isn't going to come out of thin air, but I don't really know where to begin. I have read countless articles and information about searching/finding/applying for jobs on the internet and still I can't grasp something to launch myself into that pool of motivation that is sort of eluding me right now.

The time passes so slowly when I am here during the day by myself. Other than looking for a job, I literally have nothing to do. The internet needlessly bites away at the day when I check my email ten times and go to facebook every other hour to see what other people have been doing during their busy schedules at school, which I miss by the way, the busy schedule.

I ran for a longer time today. You would think the motivation behind that longer run might be to work myself harder, but that wasn't the reason. I wanted to escape from home, the looming job search, and other possible adult responsibilities. I just wish I could leave it all. Money truly does suck. I want to live in the Shire. When you watch The Fellowship of the Ring doesn't the Shire look like the most beautiful, peaceful place in the whole wide world? It does to me and I would live there if it were real. Of course then I would have to deal with the threat of Sauron and all, but that would just be a little blip in an otherwise carefree existence.

Many of the articles I have read go on and on about how it is no longer hard for English Majors to find jobs after graduating. It is beautiful reading something like that and truly believing the opposite. I don't feel of worth or marketable to anything right now. I suppose this isn't good, but that is the way it is and writing this is the happiest I have been all day.

1 comment:

Rachel L. said...

The shire sounds fun...never thought of that. Maybe if you hang with Frodo you can escape the wrath of Sauron.