Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Grapes of...Zzz

I can see why some consider The Grapes of Wrath one of the great American novels, or the great American novel, but for me, that doesn’t necessarily make it a great book. I would say it is a great study, but the fact that I am still reading it in February is proof enough that it is no page-turner. I am so close to finishing it that if I just took the time to read right now instead of write this I could finish the book.

Grapes is 455 pages long. I didn’t enjoy the book until page 300. Can I no longer say that I enjoy literature because I just confessed to that?

I just wanted to post an update on the resolution. I am definitely not off to a great start, but completing the first book is some sort of landmark and I should reach it today or tomorrow.

The second book is Meditations by Marcus Aurelius.

No comments: