Thursday, February 26, 2009

50 Free Champ

It was another great night at conference. The women remain in 1st place by 3 points. Green Bay is in second. The men are in 4th, but can move up if they continue to swim well. Both 400 Medley relays set new school records by seconds. We had a new 200 IM record on the women's side. 

But the race of the night was the men's 50 free. One of my sprinter boys won in 20.12. He was last off the blocks but after that his 50 was perfection. Phenomenal breakout. Staying up on the surface. He broke out under the wave after the turn and at the flags I could see he had the edge and since he is just a few inches shorter than I am, I knew he could get to the wall first. He touched the wall and the Milwaukee section blew up. It was AMAZING. I was jumping up and down for a long time. 

I have a 50 free champion. 

No comments: