Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My New Toy

I am typing this on my new MacBook Pro. Immediately after practice I drove to the nearest Apple store and went right up to the first guy I could find, pointed at one of these babies (MacBook Pros) and said "I'll take one of those."

I was out of there in short order with a Pro, Microsoft Office and a new HP printer, scanner and copier. The HP was free with the purchase of a new laptop. I didn't know this deal was going on, but it was a nice surprise.

Also, I got an educator discount. Although I don't have a valid .edu email address at UWM, I will soon, and I do carry around a piece of paper in my wallet that says I am a new hire. One of the ADs signed it. So, I took that out, showed it to the guy, and he said that worked for him and he took $100 off the total.

I took many pictures while I was unwrapping this beauty. I'll put those up tomorrow. Eventually, I want to do a first impressions blog about making the switch to Mac. Although I am sort of familiar with using a Mac, this is the first time I have actually owned one so I have a lot to learn.

This keyboard is so quiet.

5 comments:

Becca said...

I'm so stinkin' jealous.

Travis Wicklund said...

Welcome to the good life.

Rachel L. said...

Welcome. You're life just got easier.

Jarrod Renaud said...

yes buddy yes.

Unknown said...

The biggest drawback to owning a mac is that you will simply spend more time on the computer now. Just a matter of perspective I guess. Congrats my friend I am proud of you for pursuing your desires.