Sunday, September 14, 2008

Guyland, ha

This Newsweek article is from a couple weeks ago now, but I've been thinking about it for days because it is so accurate. Please, read the article before you continue on because the rest of this blog won't make sense if you don't follow the link.

This is my graduating class, at least for a lot of my class. I see this pattern in people both older and younger than me. I see some of these traits in myself and I'm doing my best to eradicate them. Being married and completely independent certainly helps, but those shouldn't be necessary in order for some guys to just grow up.

...

My wife prevented me from venting anymore about this in public. I am glad she is here.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I love that article and it is refreshing to hear 20-something guys (both you and the author)express frustration about the epidemic! I also love Michael Kimmel...I took a class in college because I saw one of his books on the required reading list.