Tuesday, December 11, 2007

College Football Rant II

Okay, so I’m not the best at making predictions or analyzing college football, but that’s not going to stop me.

I told you Oklahoma was going to beat Missouri. It wasn’t even close after a while. It was a beating that kept Missouri out of the BCS. (It's always interesting for me to see how people find my blog. There have been a few visitors in the last week that have googled "Chase Daniel" and "chubby" and have been linked to my first college football rant.)

If the college football season was a couple of games longer I would like to see an Oklahoma and USC title game. It isn’t though.

I didn’t tell you West Virginia was going to win, but I sure thought they would wind up in the title game. Instead White had to run into his own player and hurt his finger and miss most of the game. They ended up losing to Pitt in the Backyard Brawl. If White was able to play for the entire game it would have been a different story.

As much as I loathe LSU, they probably deserve to be in the championship game even though they have two losses. I say this because their two losses came in triple overtime games. However, there is some reluctance on my end because of some awfully close games earlier in the season that shouldn’t have been that close.

As soon as WV and Missouri lost it was clear Ohio State was going to easily slip into the title game. I just wish they might have been challenged once more on the field since their last game on NOVEMBER 16!

Colt Brennan’s performance for Hawaii against Washington was amazing…and they still almost lost…to Washington. In the end, they got their BCS bid, but I don’t think they’ll be a match for the Bulldogs.

And lastly, Wyoming. You may not see them on the bowl schedule. That’s because they had an awful finish to their season. This is a season that began with the fifth largest crowd in War Memorial history to see Wyoming defeat Virginia 23-3. Yes, that is the same Virginia that is now playing Texas Tech in the Gator Bowl. That is the same Virginia that went on to beat Georgia Tech, Pittsburgh, Miami, Wake Forest, and Connecticut in the regular season. A blanket of injuries plagued Wyoming the rest of the year and led to a spectacular loss to the already pathetic Colorado State Rams in the last game of the season. That is sometimes the nature of the beast.

I remain faithful though, and I have two words for next year.

Cowboy Up.

1 comment:

Chris Nicoletti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.