Saturday, August 11, 2007

I like IMDB.com

The Goonies is an American classic. What do I think of when I hear The Goonies?

The truffle shuffle.

Sloth.

Chunk.

A bad ass Jeep killing some monster trucks in an ocean side race.

The Fratellis.

Rocky road ice cream.

A cool water slide that I have always wanted to go on.

And, One-Eyed Willy.

I found myself at IMDB.com today. I said hello. We chatted a little and I got to doing what I went there to do, that was looking up The Journey of Natty Gann. It’s an old Disney movie that I watched many times as a kid. I wanted to see if the girl who played Natty was still acting. She sure is. I could tell from the extensive list below “Filmography” she stays pretty busy. My curiosity was quenched, but I took a look around on the site bumping into old friends like Star Wars, Denzel Washington, and finally, The Goonies.

As I was scrolling down the cast list I clicked on John Matuszak. Mr. Matuszak played Sloth in The Goonies. Well, John used to play in the NFL. His makeup for The Goonies took five hours to put on. He died from heart failure due to extensive steroid use in 1989. He is now buried in Milwaukee. Rest in peace, Sloth.

1 comment:

Rachel L. said...

Ah the Adventures of Natty Gann, I used to have that movie. I have the book. Classic.