Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Dirty Dean

I was watching the news this morning and some CNN correspondent was riding out Hurricane Dean at a resort south of Cancun. In the background I saw waves and wind battering the exact place Kate and I honeymooned almost two months ago. The CNN guy was riding the storm out at our honeymoon location.

At first I was like, yeah, Aventura Spa Palace. Oh, wait. This isn't cool. We really enjoyed everything about that place and the people that work there and now it is all getting destroyed.

It was a bit surreal to see the landscape of the resort transformed into a raging sea. I have been trying to find footage of it on YouTube. No luck yet.

*I've been waiting for over two years to use this blog title.

2 comments:

Erik Haagenson said...

Hahaha. Well worth the wait. I saw him the other day. I think he may have exchanged his silver civic with suicide doors for a red '90 small Chevy pick-up. Still has grey spikes though.

Aaron said...

Dean. It's been too long since I heard that name. *Cue Tim's caulk joke. Too bad about the resort...and all the rest of Mexico it is currently destroying.