Saturday, December 02, 2006

London - 4 Feb 06

4 February 2006, Saturday

I didn’t think A Midsummer Night’s Dream was nearly as funny as most people in the theatre did. It was at the Novello, but I was in the front row, which was awfully nice. It was the first time I had ever been in the front row of anything.

Guy was the first one to wish me a happy birthday yesterday. That was very special. I also had a long conversation with Kate from Oxford Street. I was looking all over for a coat, but no luck yet. I did buy a new bag at a store called Topshop. It was ₤25, but I splurged anyway. I am going to continue that search for a coat tomorrow at Camden Town. I should also return to Oxford Street for very cheap official football jerseys. I love those shirts. I regret not buying one today. Maybe I will return tomorrow before the organ recital at St. Paul’s.

When I am away from Kate for this long a time I literally go into hibernation in a sense. I am not going to lie, I like kissing Kate and I think about it on occasion when I am not around her, but I really can't over here. I can't for a number of reasons. She is so far away, both in distance and time. I will go crazy if I think about how long it is until I get to kiss her. And, thinking about kissing her is only going to make me miss her more. Also, if I let myself go it could be trouble, the mind is pretty powerful and creative. So far I am doing very well, and Kate is too. It can be very hard from time to time when I see couples walking hand in hand, or snuggling. I find that I envy them and hate them for doing that in front of me because my girl is thousands of miles away.

The Pianist is on TV right now. It is such an amazing film. I saw an advertisement for the Super Bowl just a moment ago, but I will not see it tomorrow. I am not interested in the winner and it will be on very late.

The Clapham North is the name of the pub that I went to with co-workers last night. It was a fun time and I didn’t have to buy one drink, though I did buy some chips.

Sitting in the front row during AMND at the Novello was great, but also frightening. One of the actors was foaming at the mouth, spitting this way and that. I had to swiftly move my legs to one side to dodge the thespian’s phlegm.

Topshop is an extremely trendy store in the UK. I felt way out of place in there. Every shirt was small and every pair of jeans was acid washed and full of holes. I bought the bag, hurried out of the store, emptied my pockets into my new man purse, and dumped the extravagant shopping bag in the nearest trash bin.

No comments: