Friday, December 08, 2006

London - 13 Feb 06

13 Feb 06, Monday

I am not going to write much tonight, but I had to say a little something about talking with Kate tonight. At the end of the talk we were both in a funny mood and laughing a lot. We were trying to get ready to pray but we just kept on laughing. It made us both really miss one another at a greater level for a few moments. Kate went from laughing to crying a little bit. I got teary eyed and silent. It was very hard at that moment to not break down, but we did very well. I love her so much that it is impossible to block her laughter from touching my soul.

Our trip to Paris is booked as of today. We will be traveling on the Eurostar and spending one night in Paris. I hope the hotel isn’t a dive, but that isn’t a big deal. She will be so shocked. I can’t wait to spring that one on her. I think she could pass out. I am going to wait until she gets here to tell her. London and Paris with Kate. It is incredible that I am not lying when I write that.

I remember that night we got to laughing so much. There was so much fun in that laughter, and then there was so much sadness. We hadn’t forgotten that we were apart, but it served as a hard reminder that a month still separated us, and so did an ocean. I remember thinking about Laramie then, a town I had lived in for four and a half years, and it seemed so far away, so foreign. Kate seemed so far away, so far away that it seemed as though I could never see her again. What was once so familiar was now alien to me. I hadn’t even been gone long, just over a month to be exact. Seeing her again was like a miracle for me. All of a sudden I had this love back in my physical presence that I had separated myself from for a couple months in order to protect myself from getting too homesick. I will write more about seeing her again when that entry comes up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading this blog. I can't wait until I have a little more time to read the rest of the London ones. I'm surprised that you didn't surmise that I would cry when you told me about Paris...I always cry!!

LOVE YOU
ME