Friday, December 09, 2005

Last of the Lit. Surveys

English 2435 - Literature in English III - An English Lit. class with Professor Torry is where it's at. I enjoy watching other students reactions to his method of teaching. You see, when Torry wants an answer he'll just keep asking you until he gets one. He doesn't care so much if the answer is correct, he just wants you to engage him in his classroom. Many students choose not to, thus, they don't take anymore classes with him. Well, I speak up, whether I am right or wrong, I always have a good time in a class that Torry is teaching. He is not only knowledgeable, but freaking hilarious. The guy has these random, unrehearsed impersonations of politicians, or characters we come across in the readings that are priceless. I wish he were coming to London, so I could have one more semester of class from him. He also gives a good lecture on that crackpipe, Lacan.

No comments: