Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Another English Course

First a quick interlude...

...I would like you to know that I rode my bike to class today when it was -17 F with the wind chill. For all of my international fans, that is -27 C. Now back to our regular programming...

English 2425 - Literature in English I - This was the first of three English literature surveys that are required for English majors. All of the surveys have been entertaining classes, but I didn't like all the literature we read. The most boring story was Beowulf. The most boring play was The Tempest. Finally, the most boring poem was anything by John Donne. There was this day in class in which we were asked to act out a scene from The Tempest. When it was my group's turn to get up on the stage I was excited. I thought I was going to be all right in my role, but after watching a few more people play the same character I realized that I had not done a good job at all. This exercise wasn't graded at all, it was simply for fun, but I know I am a better actor than my performance showed and every time I think of the class I want to do it over again for that one measly scene from The Tempest.

2 comments:

Rachel L. said...

That's an impressive bike ride. You are brave.

Collin said...

Yeah. Way to ride your bike.

Come over some time and we'll act it out. Vindication is sweet.