Monday, February 20, 2012

Side Project

Here's a little side project I started with the new year. It's a blog called The Year of the Diner. I thought it would be fun and challenging to write a review (short form) of every meal out I have in 2012. Kate liked the idea too, so she's offered to contribute when she can. So far, it has been fun and challenging as I expected, but also a little boring at times. Like, how many spins can one put on eating at Chipotle? When writing reviews of Chipotle I have tried to say more about that specific location than the food itself because there isn't much variance with the food. And sometimes I fall behind, like I'll be eating somewhere and think, I've already got three blogs to write about other restaurants.

I'm still working on the appearance of the blog. Six Hours on Sunday looks much better than The Year of the Diner. I owe the name of the blog to Kate. I did come up with some, but most of the names were taken and the name I went with flows a little better than other options. 

At the end of this, I think it will be pretty cool to see how many times I had a meal out in 2012. Where I dined the most? What month was a heavy dining-out month? Etc.There is one post (for P.F. Chang's) which takes the place of two meals. So far, I've dined out 15 times in 2012. I feel like that's fairly low compared to some dining out binges I've had and the number is very low for people who dine out every day for lunch, for example. 

No comments: